02 June 2009

Brew #005: Muntons Export Pilsner

This brew tasted very nice. I'd recommend this one. It had an OG=1.038 and after 6 days of fermentation at 24-25C it stopped at an SG=1.006, so I used an online calculator to estimate the alcohol content as 4.9%.

I decided to buy a decent fermetation barrel from the Brew Shed. It cost me about $45 and came with an air lock, a tap and a stick on thermometer. It was worth it. The lid seals on easily and I could actually see CO2 bubbling through the airlock during the fermentation process.

I've decided to keep the fermenter in our lounge, as it's warmer there than the garage, which cools down at night. Keeping the temperature at 22C seems to work well.

I bottled this into 2 crates (24 x 750ml) and 10 stubbies (330ml) on 4 March and there is none left now.

No comments:

Post a Comment